- Strength Train - Seriously, do you realize 1 pound of Muscle - AT REST - burns 35 calories, whereas 1 pound of Fat - AT REST - burns only 1 calorie? I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried! Strength Train your WHOLE BODY about 3 times a week.
- Sprint The Burn - doing short intensive cardio burns will up the amount of calories burned per workout. This isn't to say 10 minutes of cardio is all you'll need. You still need about an hour of cardio per day, but you can break it down into smaller, more intensive bursts - to ensure max efficiency.
- Hydration - staying hydrated will help lubricate the muscles for recovery. It will also help curb the hunger for snacking. We all know we should be drinking 8 large glasses of water a day...be sure to drink about 16oz about 2 hours before working out as well as 5-10oz for every 15-20 minutes of activity.
- Play Hookey - taking a day off once a week is important for recuperation. You need to give your muscles time to rest so they can stay as energized as possible.
- Eat Often - eating every 2-3 hours is important to keeping your organs as young and vital as possible. It also helps to keep your portion sizes....but you still need to control the TYPE of food you eat...even if you control the portions eating foods high in Calories or Sodium will hold you back from your goals!
Saturday, March 7, 2009
Tips & Tricks
Seriously, what I do has no secret, I don't hide my strategy or techniques....my main goal is to train my clients to train themselves. It's important, then, for them to understand how to easily make permanent changes in their lifestyle. Here's some of my favorite tips...